Desserts - Dessert Ideas For Parties

Technology is a wonderful thing and when it is translated into consumer products life gets just a little bit easier. So, you may be wondering why I start off talking about technology. Well, a few years ago I saw a chocolate fountain advertised. At the time I could not really afford it, but my darling husband, knowing what a dedicated cook I am, got me one for my birthday. Yeah! It became the hit of my dessert table when I started the dark chocolate flowing and put our a platter full of fruit and cake chunks for dipping. It was so popular that all the other buffet tables were forgotten. I actually had to turn it off to get people to eat the main meal.

Now, you can purchase a small chocolate fountain for around twenty dollars. A great investment and a crowd pleaser for any party. Set out a tray of fruit, cut into bite size pieces, one inch cubes of pound cake and angel food cake, and don't forget the marshmallows. You can include cookies, pretzels, and even ruffle cut potato chips if you like. There is definitely something about the salt and chocolate combination that is quite satisfying. Try apple slices spread with peanut butter too. Yum.

Desserts

Cakes and pies are always a hit at parties. Try these adaptations that guests can eat with their fingers.

Desserts - Dessert Ideas For Parties

Make pie into 'Tartlets'. Using your favorite pie crust, roll out and cut into 3 inch circles or squares. Place about a tablespoon of pie filling into the center. Brush edges with egg wash, a mixture of beaten egg and a little milk. Place a second cutout on top and seal the edges using the tines of a fork. If you have some fancy engraved cutlery, try using the handle to imprint the design as you seal the crust. Cut a small slit in the top to allow steam to escape. Bake at about 450 degrees until lightly browned, about 15 - 20 minutes.

Turn your favorite cake batter into mini cupcakes. Cupcakes are all the rage lately. Mini cupcakes are no more difficult to make than the normal size ones. You just end up with more of them from the same volume of batter. Bake your favorite cake batter in mini muffin cups. You can usually get these from your market. If you don't have a mini muffin pan, don't worry. I have used a cookie sheet with sides, normally called a jelly roll pan. Just fill the pan with the empty cups, lined up so they are supporting each other. Fill and bake. For a surprise drop a candy kiss or a small piece of fruit into the center of the batter before baking. To Frost, did the mini cupcake, top down, into a bowl of frosting. As you lift it out make a little twisting motion, like you were turning a door knob, and as you turn the little cupcake right side up you should get a little swirl that looks like the swirl on a soft serve ice cream cone. Sprinkle with colored sugar, top with a cherry or any other garnish you like. A tray of these will bring smiles to anyone.

Mini Cheesecake

Ok, who doesn't like cheesecake, please leave the room. Well, just kidding, but these little cakes are so good you may need to double the recipe.

Pick up a box of no-bake cheesecake mix from your grocery. Follow the directions to mix the filling. You can put the crust crumbs aside and use them for something else, like a cream pie, later.
Into a cup cake paper cup place one vanilla wafer cookie. Put about a teaspoon of the custard filling onto the wafer. Place one chocolate kiss candy on top of that then finish filling the cup. Chill until set.

Options: You can replace the chocolate candy with fruit or even nuts, or just make it plain. For a party you could drizzle a little melted chocolate or caramel sauce over the top. Use your imagination. My son likes strawberry, so I use frozen strawberry right out to the freezer and drizzle the top with a little strawberry ice-cream sauce.

These are just a few ideas to help make your next party a dessert lover's dream. Enjoy.

Desserts - Dessert Ideas For Parties

For over 20 years I have worked and played online. I have been a website designer, entrepreneur, genealogist and homemaker. I have done catering and sewed wedding dresses. There is so much I have learned over the years that it is just pouring out lately. As a certified teacher it is my desire to share all this that I have learned so I started [http://www.LifeWithBarbara.com] as a way to share what I know.

I started online back in the late 1980s and had my first website online by 1990. When I remarried in 2001 I converted my other sites into one, http://www.cagleonline.com. This is still my main portal to everything I do online and it is updated more often than the other dozen sites. There are also links to all my sites here.

If you need help with the everyday things that drive our lives or FREE stuff to build your business, Please check out what I have to offer. Your support is very much appreciated. Thank you.